FOCAL CMS 65 (DEMO)
You’ll find that the Focal CMS 65 reference monitor is a stand-out performer for home studios and small listening rooms.
Premier Focal technologies in a monitor that’s perfect for small-room environments
With the CMS 65 6.5″ nearfield monitor, Focal brings their renowned reference technology into a monitor that’s perfect for home studios, post-production environments, and radio facilities. In short, the Focal CMS 65 is at home anywhere accuracy is paramount, but size is consideration.
Hear the advantages of Focal’s inverted-dome tweeter technology
A Focal hallmark is the inverted-dome tweeter – and it’s a big part of the magic behind the CMS 65’s amazing performance. The particular advantage of the inverted dome is that it optimizes the mechanical coupling between the voice coil and the dome. As the voice coil is fixed at mid-height on the dome, it can uniformly move the CMS 65’s entire cone surface. This design inherently offers high efficiency, precision, and energy, all resulting in an extremely precise soundstage. Of course, the CMS 65 takes advantage of that to full effect, by employing an aluminum/magnesium alloy for the tweeter material.
Aluminum/magnesium alloy tweeter for precise, analytical sound
By blending aluminum and magnesium for the tweeter, Focal effectively harnessed the benefits of each. With the CMS 65, you can expect great damping qualities, excellent rigidity, and extremely reduced distortion, thanks to the marriage of the two materials. The configuration produces a precise sound – and an extremely deep soundstage. In all, the CMS 65’s treble frequencies are dynamic and detailed. This technology combines perfectly with the Polyglass woofer, for sonic synergy.
Focal-exclusive Polyglass cone technology delivers outstanding linearity
To create their exclusive Polyglass technology, Focal applies molten-glass microballs onto a cellulose pulp cone. This process combines excellent paper damping with glass rigidity – the rigidity index, in fact, exceeds that of a single-skin Kevlar and is almost ten times more rigid than polypropylene. As a result, the CMS 65 cone’s mass/rigidity/damping contributes to outstanding linearity of the frequency-response curve, and greatly increases the CMS 65’s definition in the midrange.
- 6.5″ reference monitor brings leading Focal technologies into a smaller-format design
- Inverted-dome tweeter design offers high efficiency, precision, and energy
- Aluminum/magnesium alloy tweeter delivers dynamic and detailed treble frequencies
- Rigid, Focal-exclusive Polyglass cone technology offers outstanding linearity and definition
THÔNG SỐ KỸ THUẬT
- Woofer: 6.5″ Focal drive unit, Polyglass cone
- Tweeter: Aluminum/Magnesium inverted-dome Focal tweeter
- Shielding: Integral by compensation magnet and shielding pot
- Construction: Reinforced and damped die-cast aluminum cabinet
- Finish: Black powder coating
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 45Hz-28kHz
- Maximum SPL: 108dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input: Balanced 20 kOhms/Unbalanced 47 kOhms
- Connectors: XLR/RCA
- HF amplifier stage: 60W RMS, Class AB
- LF amplifier stage: 100W RMS, Class AB
- Electric supply: Mains voltage: 220-230V (1.6A fuse rating), 120V (3.5A fuse rating), 100V (4A fuse rating), IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Adjustable sensitivity: +4dBu / 0 / -10dBV
- Adjustable volume: -66dB / 0dB
- Adjustable highpass filter: full / 45 / 60 / 90Hz (12dB/oct.)
- Adjustable LF Shelving: 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- Adjustable HF Shelving: 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- Desktop notch (160Hz): adjustable, 0 / -2 / -4 / -6dB
- Power on/off switch
- Standby on/off switch
- Indicators: Power on/off, Standby on, Audio Clip
- Dimensions with spikes: 14.1″ x 9.5″ x 9.1″ – (358.5 x 241 x 231mm)
- Dimensions with table stand: 14.5″ x 9.5″ x 9.1″ – (368.5 x 241 x 231mm)
- Weight: 23.1 lbs. – (10.5kg)